Digital marketing refers to advertising about your brand, product and services through digital channels such as search engines, website, social media, mobile marketing because nowadays consumer rely on online platform for research or before buying certain products. Digital marketing has become unavoidable as there is lot of usage of internet and digital channels. Every small or big company believe in promoting their product or services online, as it is easy to target potential customer and actual customer.
Is digital marketing good as a career? Here are some to reasons why you should start your career with digital marketing.
1) It has diverse job options with high- salary packages. Here you can explore full time, part time or freelancing opportunities in this field with high salary packages.
2) Digital marketing is ever evolving industry as there are lot of latest tools and technologies which you can use to promote your brand or product. You will get a lot of experience after completing the course and when you start working in the field of digital marketing.
3) There is lot of learning scope in digital marketing and with certain key aspects like SEO, Social Media Marketing, PPC, Content Marketing and many more.
4) There is also lot of scope and career opportunities in Ecommerce marketing.
5) You can also start your own marketing company and work for many clients and also you can also work as freelancer. You need not to spend anything to take clients as freelancer.
6) Digital marketers are aware about new trends and content around the world, so perusing knowledge of digital marketing and starting a career in it will help you to avail better opportunities as marketer.
There are lot of career opportunities in digital marketing-
Once you have decided that you wanted digital marketing as career, then it is very important to join a right course and an institute. There are lot of digital marketing institute which provides you the best course of digital marketing even with several modules and job opportunities. Once you have completed digital marketing course you can explore lot of career options and some of them are –
- Digital Marketing Manager – A digital marketing manager takes care of digital marketing campaigns such as social media campaign, SEO and SEM advertising, Email campaigns. Digital marketing manager also plan a strategy and execute it accordingly. They also monitor all the campaign and budget of advertising. So there is lot of scope and growth as digital marketing manager.
- SEO Specialist – An SEO specialist is responsible for website ranking, optimizing a website to attain higher search engine ranking, also SEO specialist had to look after the growth and website traffic. SEO specialist has to plan strategy about website ranking and website traffic and growth.
- Content Marketing Specialist – Everything revolves around content as content plays an important role in digital marketing. So, content marketing specialist creates various content on social media, blog post, images, videos, blogs, website content and many more.
- Social Media Manager – Social media manager had to look after all social media accounts. It might be Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, Twitter and so on. Social media manager is responsible for social media growth of a brand or company which they are working for.
- Pay Per Click or SEM Analyst – SEM or Pay Per Click Analyst assesses the website traffic with campaigns tracking and also responsible for tracking and monitoring campaigns, social analytics, paid marketing, search analytics etc.
- SEO Content Writer – SEO Content Writer carries out research and writes for blogs, social media copy, website content along with integrating SEO insights, keyword etc.
Other than these you can also look for Web developer or designer, Analytics manager, CRM management, Email marketing manager, E-Commerce manager.
Here are some salary packages of digital marketing job profile-
1) Digital Marketing Manager- Average salary package in India is 4 Lakhs to 17 Lakhs p.a.
2) SEO Specialist – Average salary package in India is 2 Lakhs to 4 Lakhs p.a.
3) Social Media Manager – Average salary package in India is 3 Lakhs to 4.5 Lakhs p.a.
4) Content Marketing Specialist – Average salary package in India is 2 lakhs to 2.5 lakhs p.a.
5) Pay Per Click or SEM Analyst – Average salary package in India is 3 lakhs to 6 lakhs p.a.
These are some salary packages of different job profiles and also it might differ according to your skill, knowledge and work experience.
Here are some steps to kick start your career in digital marketing –
1) First enroll yourself is best Digital Marketing course
2) Gain valuable learning experience and internship experience
3) Build your digital marketing portfolio
4) you should also create your online presence
5) Start looking from right digital marketing jobs
6) Get your resume noticed by everyone
7) join freelancing platforms To conclude, Digital Marketing has wide career scope and also there is a never-ending growth. All you have to do is find a best digital marketing institute to start learn and start your career in digital marketing.